What's new

Download Previous Firmware Packs

jimp

I have missed a few of the firmware packs updates and the latest one (November 2014) is causing random bluetooth mouse disconnects that I never had before. I have downloaded the previous firmware packs and saved them, but unfortunately my newest download is the Surface Pro 3 - 16 July 2014 pack. There were 2 or 3 updates in between there. I'd like to try the firmware updates in between now and July 16 before rolling all the way back to the July 16 driver.

I know of the Surface Pro 3 Firmware History page: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/install-update-activate/pro-3-update-history

And the download to the current update: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826

Is there any way to download past SP3 firmware updates other than a third party site like Softpedia? They have them all, but I'd rather download drivers directly from Microsoft. Does Microsoft only provide the most current update?

nipponham

If you have the latest updates, you don't need past updates because they are cumulative. You cannot skip past firmware updates if you have the latest.

OP
J

jimp

It is possible to rollback specific drivers delivered through the firmware updates to older versions. The update download (non-Windows Update version) is a big zip file of drivers. I'm looking for the older packs since the latest of the Marvell driver (BT/Wifi) is giving me problems (and none have before).

nipponham

Yes, it's possible to rollback drivers, but you asked about downloading past firmware updates. MS only offers the latest.

OP
J

jimp

I asked about downloading past firmware and driver packs like the one I linked to above, which seems to always point to the latest. It sounds like you are confirming Microsoft removes the previous version completely and a site like Softpedia's archived copy is the only place to get an older driver if the "latest and greatest" is not working properly. That's really unfortunate, since practically every driver download I've ever seen from a PC manufacturer also provides archived drivers at least 1 version back but usually more.