What's new

drawboard PDF with windows 10

johnj2803

This app is one of the most important apps for me and I think support for the current windows 10 version is still not there.

Is there any news? or substitute for the meantime?

I might have to stick with windows 8.1 for now...

BillJ

Drawboard seems to be working fine with Win10 on my machines; have you heard of any specific issues?

OP
J

johnj2803

the favorite tools not showing requiring na restart of the program is one issue. I also read in the support forums that they are still working on some bugs.

I am a student and have PDF books and I use this mainly for studying. It is fortunate that it is summer break. I just don't want any hassle that is all.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

How do you use your drawbaord PDF?
Tapatalk on my Surface pro 3

I also use Drawboard frequently and have seen no issues with Windows 10 through all the TP releases. They just released a new version (4.1.1) which changed the UI to be more Windows 10-like among other things. This version removes the 5 file restriction (yay!) and the premium tier so now everyone has pressure sensitivity for the pen.

OP
J

johnj2803

When you say 5 file restrictions it's just 5 files all at the same time right? You can save one file and open another one (file 6)?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you say 5 file restrictions it's just 5 files all at the same time right? You can save one file and open another one (file 6)?

Yeah. When you open drawboard it will load up the last X pdf's you were looking at, which meant that often, when you opened a new pdf, you'd get a "max files open" message and would have to manually close some pdf's and then re-open the new one. Mine seemed to be more like 10 files at a time than 5 though. Either way it was annoying. Personally I just wanted to be able to close drawboard, and upon re-opening, it would open blank.

Gregory

I just bought a Surface Pro 3, with Windows 10 installed. The clincher in my decision was watching a video in which the enthusiastic reviewer showed how to use Drawboard PDF. I read a lot of PDF articles and want to annotate them onscreen.

1. I had difficulties downloading Drawboard PDF as an app from the store. "Please try again later" over and over. Then I was able to download the Trial version.

2. But it's a terrible experience - the text is blurry, and has a 'shadow' behind it. Unreadable.

Is there anything that can be done?

Most of the rest of you in this thread find that it's working just fine.

Meanwhile now that I look into it, I have seen this complaint all over. I wish I had known about it.

Or perhaps there will be a solution....

OP
J

johnj2803

I just bought a Surface Pro 3, with Windows 10 installed. The clincher in my decision was watching a video in which the enthusiastic reviewer showed how to use Drawboard PDF. I read a lot of PDF articles and want to annotate them onscreen.

1. I had difficulties downloading Drawboard PDF as an app from the store. "Please try again later" over and over. Then I was able to download the Trial version.

2. But it's a terrible experience - the text is blurry, and has a 'shadow' behind it. Unreadable.

Meanwhile now that I look into it, I have seen this complaint all over. I wish I had known about it.

I hear you. It is best to email their support. They are very helpful. And if they find a solution for you. Please don't forget to post here as well.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member

It blurs when advancing the page but that is transient... once rendered it works fine. Below is a PDF Bible that is 22MB:

Drawboard Example.jpg