Drawing/Art Programs

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Applications (x86/x64)' started by BANDN3RD, Aug 11, 2015.

1. BANDN3RD

BANDN3RD New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I have the SP3 and I'm looking for a good art program. I am currently using ArtRage which I really like to use for making linearts (their pen tool has an awesome smoothing feature) but I am unable to find a program that has a smudge tool (similar to the one Gimp has.)
    I tried Gimp but it lags (which is most likely user error) but I am also not a fan of it's eraser tool. I am also against using SAI mainly because last time I tried to get it, I got a virus. I have also tried Krita, I cannot figure out how to use it (even after looking at loads of tutorials) to save my life.

I am not against paying (just please not over 60 bucks) and free is awesome also.

Thank you!!!

2. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

3. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Moved to the apps section

4. kozak79

kozak79 Active Member

One of the best right now is Mischief. One of the best features is the "Infinite Canvas". Check it out:
    https://www.madewithmischief.com/
    It's free or $25 for more features. Also has a trial.

5. JoshB

JoshB Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    How is the UI in mischief? I have been using the free version of Krita, but the UI is so small because of the screen resolution. I would be willing to spend 25 on Mischief for a better scaled UI heh.