What's new

Drawing On A Surface Pro 3

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Artistic types always surprise me... I can't do that. My roommate in college was an artist... drew amazing pictures with charcoal and all sorts of other totally amazing feats ... amazing to me anyway.

FlySwatter

Mike Krahulik has drawn the Penny Arcade strip on his Surface Pro on many occasions when traveling, or not in the office. He is a big fan of the Surface Pro platform. I'm reasonably sure he upgraded to the SP2, not sure about the SP3. You can google his name and surface pro for several articles where he discusses it, including a commercial that MS which includes an interview with him, but I enjoy the article below because it is his original reaction to the SP1, and even includes a video of him inking on it.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2013/02/22/the-ms-surface-pro

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
True artists may take issue with the reduced pressure levels from 1024 to 256. I can do maybe 3-5 extra light, light, med, heavy and extra heavy :)

Wiidesire

There is no difference between 256 or 1024. Even artists won't notice it. However despite 256/1024 you always need a good pressure calibration. Problem is not everybody wants the same pressure calibration, which is why Microsoft should make a pressure calibration tool available.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am looking froward to trying this, I'm not an artist but I do sometimes doodle in photoshop on my current PC with a wacom bamboo, it's only a basic small model so I'm expecting the Surface Pro 3 to be a big step up here. Sometimes I like to manipulate photos to look like digital "art" I put art in quotation marks because it's just messing around not that great...LOL

I sketch on the surface and while i am no professional and a lot of those drawings on there are fantastic the pressure levels was never an issue. Heres one of mine heh.

Attachments

• Sub-Zero v2.jpg
    Sub-Zero v2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 693