What's new

Driver updates

Is there a way to do a general check to see if any drivers need updating? Or does Windows update handle this?We have an Arc mouse which is working fine however every know and again the scroll using the middle section just stops working and then will start again in a few minutes, sometimes ten.

Cheers!

DeltaXray

Windows Update handles required driver updates for hardware which comes as part of the SP3 and also all Microsoft hardware and select 3rd party.

In short - if nothing extra is available in Windows Update then you have the latest recommended drivers.

Bandito

I think that this is just a feature of the Arc Touch mouse. I've had two now--Microsoft replaced the first one--and they both do it occasionally. Rather than wait it out to see if it comes back or not, I just shut off the mouse (by flattening it) and then turning it back on (arching it). This takes care of the problem immediately. Nothing like having to reboot your mouse once in a while, eh?

I believe that the problems lies in the mouse's firmware. It needs to be corrected, but I don't know if the firmware in the mouse is field-updateable.

bluegrass

Love it. Flatten and arch it to make it work right. Pretty cool.
I'm planning on getting one because it will fit in my bag pocket.

kundas1

Ungh! My mouse does the same thing and its very annoying to keep flattening and open to get it to work again, I thought it was a hardware issue not s/w