Driver updates

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by thefollans, Sep 11, 2014.

1. thefollans

thefollans Member

Is there a way to do a general check to see if any drivers need updating? Or does Windows update handle this?We have an Arc mouse which is working fine however every know and again the scroll using the middle section just stops working and then will start again in a few minutes, sometimes ten.

Cheers!

2. DeltaXray

DeltaXray Member

Windows Update handles required driver updates for hardware which comes as part of the SP3 and also all Microsoft hardware and select 3rd party.

In short - if nothing extra is available in Windows Update then you have the latest recommended drivers.

thefollans likes this.
  3. Gary.M

Gary.M Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I downloaded Slim drivers from https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php yesterday. It found and installed a couple of driver updates that weren't in the Microsoft update. One was for the Realtek sound and the other an Intel chipset driver. The software is free and creates a restore point before updating drivers, should anything go awry

4. Bandito

Bandito Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I think that this is just a feature of the Arc Touch mouse. I've had two now--Microsoft replaced the first one--and they both do it occasionally. Rather than wait it out to see if it comes back or not, I just shut off the mouse (by flattening it) and then turning it back on (arching it). This takes care of the problem immediately. Nothing like having to reboot your mouse once in a while, eh?

I believe that the problems lies in the mouse's firmware. It needs to be corrected, but I don't know if the firmware in the mouse is field-updateable.

5. bluegrass

bluegrass Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Love it. Flatten and arch it to make it work right. Pretty cool.
    I'm planning on getting one because it will fit in my bag pocket.

6. kundas1

kundas1 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Ungh! My mouse does the same thing and its very annoying to keep flattening and open to get it to work again, I thought it was a hardware issue not s/w