Dust Under Screen

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 3' started by Nitemare, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Nitemare

Nitemare Member

Noticed something when the screen was on... this piece of something that can't be cleaned away. Have rarely used my device since I got it on release day, and it's not a scratch. Looks like dust under the screen? It's obvious in the screen-on picture, and is the yellow looking thing on the screen-off one. My last replacement process for a Pro 2 was a NIGHTMARE... kept getting used units. Took 4 replacements to finally get them to send me a new one. It's small, but bothers me... anyone else had this happen, or suggest a course of action?

Attached Files:

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Your only real option is an exchange as they are sealed units....

3. sharpuser

sharpuser Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Gosh, looks like you are going to have to go through this return process again :(.
    We are essentially willing, risk-taking test pilots for some experimental first off-the-line devices out of Seattle.

4. Minho

Minho New Member

I had a same problem. it was clear but day 2 one tiny dot came on middle of screen. got exchanged at bestbuy.
    Second one pen tap stop working. not showing on bluetooth.
    Third one, out of box no power on. they even tried to connect power adapter but no luck.
    So now I have 4th surface pro3 in 5days.
    wish me good luck.

5. wynand32

wynand32 Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Actually, this is par for the course in general, not just for Microsoft products. For example, I went through four iPad 3's before getting one without an ugly yellow tint to the screen. And don't get me started on ASUS tablets...

I think it's impossible for companies in this industry to take the time and money necessary to ensure problem-free products out of the gate. So, they get them good enough to ship, and we first adopters serve as their quality assurance departments. This isn't unprecedented--I similarly recommend that you don't buy a car in its first model year. And the return process for cars is a little more complicated than for consumer electronics.

6. kayzee

kayzee Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    Maybe they should start making these things out of plastic! Never had a problem with any mice or keyboards... in fact my IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (best mouse of all time) lasted me nearly 10 years of daily usage :)