What's new

eBay: Surface RT w/ Keyboard, $199 USD (Manufacturer Refurb)

minimojoman

I purchased on of the 64gb RT's when it was 199$, it came in a microsoft refurbished box, sealed. Looked brand new. Although first time I plugged in the type cover and took it off, it ripped the magnets out of the buttom of the surface. Guess thats why it was a refurb, and obviously microsoft didnt quality test it. I stuffed some double sided cellphone 3m tape on all sides of the magnet and stuck it back in, but its more or less a temporary fix. This will need to go back to microsoft for a repair before the 1 year warranty is up. Doesn't bother me at all, because its a great deal.

True, plus I could always share my type cover with her until battery cover drops. Another option is I could always buy this and sell it for more..haha. I think im about to bite. I think this surface rt would do well. Can printers be hooked up to it and used also? I know anything needing a regular driver to be downloaded, that doesn't have rt equivalent, won't work. IM closer to biting on this.
Keep in mind that the battery cover will NOT work on the 1st gen Surface RT... only the 1G Surface Pro, the Surface 2 (RT), and Surface Pro 2.

I jumped on the 32GB RT bundle for $199 2 weeks ago. I understand that the new Bay Trail devices will be released soon, but I wasn't willing to gamble (by missing out on this deal) for the promised improvements of Bay Trail and full Win 8.1. Sounds all good on paper, but then reality is less than advertised.

The more I use this RT the more I'm impressed. Even if the Bay Trail devices deliver on all the promises, I'll still feel that I got a bargain. YMMV.

demandarin

Keep in mind that the battery cover will NOT work on the 1st gen Surface RT... only the 1G Surface Pro, the Surface 2 (RT), and Surface Pro 2.

I jumped on the 32GB RT bundle for $199 2 weeks ago. I understand that the new Bay Trail devices will be released soon, but I wasn't willing to gamble (by missing out on this deal) for the promised improvements of Bay Trail and full Win 8.1. Sounds all good on paper, but then reality is less than advertised.

The more I use this RT the more I'm impressed. Even if the Bay Trail devices deliver on all the promises, I'll still feel that I got a bargain. YMMV.

I meant for my pro. I would eventually give my type cover to her and get me the battery cover for my pro.

I agree on the deal too good to pass up...earlier I went on and purchased the 64gb version. It should arrive by Friday...I opted for 2nd day air.

Last edited:

admlshake

I would love to get an RT, only thing holding me back is not being able to use the fine point pen. If they would put that ability in the RT I would certainly buy one and probably order a few more for some of the guys in my IT department.

demandarin

It has been delivered but I missed the damn delivery. So I had them hold it. Going to pick up new 64gb RT at the service center later tonight.

I know my woman will be ecstatic once she experiences this first hand. It'll blow away the 1st generation nexus 7 I gave her a while back. Although both tegra3, the RT is a far more capable device and the design is sexy.

demandarin

ive picked it up. im trying my hardest to set it up fast without her knowing. although me asking her info as far as email for verification and stuff seems fishy..lol

so I got it charging and I went immediately to check for and install updates. there are 22 of them. including, I guess, the full Office suite update that updates preview to full version. damn these updates taking a long time. im only at 7 of 22 so far. I wish it will hurry up so I can give my woman a quick run down of how it works. shes already wondering what am I doing in the back or why I keep going back there...haha

I will say, damn, I never realized how thin and light the RT version is. especially compared to my pro. this is one sexy mofo. very thin and light. solid build. feels like a premium device for sure. you rt owners got it made. its thin, light, and amazing battery life. now I only wish these damn updates will hurry up and install b4 she gets tired and puts my daughter to sleep. in which she always falls asleep also..haha I really like the look and feel of the RT version. hard to imagine why they didn't sell a lot more b4 major markdown.

I wish my pro was that thin and light.

beman39

ive picked it up. im trying my hardest to set it up fast without her knowing. although me asking her info as far as email for verification and stuff seems fishy..lol

so I got it charging and I went immediately to check for and install updates. there are 22 of them. including, I guess, the full Office suite update that updates preview to full version. damn these updates taking a long time. im only at 7 of 22 so far. I wish it will hurry up so I can give my woman a quick run down of how it works. shes already wondering what am I doing in the back or why I keep going back there...haha

I will say, damn, I never realized how thin and light the RT version is. especially compared to my pro. this is one sexy mofo. very thin and light. solid build. feels like a premium device for sure. you rt owners got it made. its thin, light, and amazing battery life. now I only wish these damn updates will hurry up and install b4 she gets tired and puts my daughter to sleep. in which she always falls asleep also..haha I really like the look and feel of the RT version. hard to imagine why they didn't sell a lot more b4 major markdown.

I wish my pro was that thin and light.

wait till you really start to play around with it, your gonna see that the RT can do about 90% of what your pro can do! only thing the RT can't do is run the legacy apps...trust me YOU and the WIFE will have fun with it! lol but out of curiosity how much heavier is the pro compared to the RT?

demandarin

wait till you really start to play around with it, your gonna see that the RT can do about 90% of what your pro can do! only thing the RT can't do is run the legacy apps...trust me YOU and the WIFE will have fun with it! lol but out of curiosity how much heavier is the pro compared to the RT?

I got to give her a quick rundown of how it works last night. she really loves it. I like it also. the RT definitely misunderstood. for a tegra3, its pretty fast. no lag or anything in the UI. although it has a 720p display, its actually very nice. im still amazed at how slim and light it is. IMO, a way more premium feel and look than any ipad.

I mean its not like the pro is some pounds heavier. but I can tell the difference in thickness and weight. the RT is very slim actually. but that's the tradeoff for the Power the pro has. it has an i5 processor and fans in it. you have to remember its a full blown pc/ultrabook in a tablet form. I really love my pro device. my coolest gadget yet. In my household I now have a Pro, RT, galaxy note 10.1, Nexus 7, and Ipad first generation. ipad is my daughters now.

very impressed with RT so far. tested out my thumbdrive with movies on it and played just fine on the RT.

I know the new RT is going to be very good. she was asking me if she could get some apps like she has on android device. I said sure, just search the store. if its not there then you can just use the full blown internet explorer. which actually eliminates the need for a lot of apps.

highly recommend people get this RT once ebay sale pops up again. I got a great deal on 64gb.