What's new

Edge - Write with your finger, not just the pen

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how I missed this feature.

I had Edge running and wanted to mark up a web page. My Surface Pen was not handy. So I wrote with my finger instead.
Worked very well. Give it a try.
Works on any touch screen device with Windows 10.

Microsoft will have to modify their TV spot from: "You can write with a pen? You can say that again. I really like my Surface Pro 3."
They need to come up with words that rhyme with "finger".

Like maybe, "zinger".
Screenshot (132).png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know how I missed this feature.

I had Edge running and wanted to mark up a web page. My Surface Pen was not handy. So I wrote with my finger instead.
Worked very well. Give it a try.
Works on any touch screen device with Windows 10.

Microsoft will have to modify their TV spot from: "You can write with a pen? You can say that again. I really like my Surface Pro 3."
They need to come up with words that rhyme with "finger".

Like maybe, "zinger".
View attachment 6515

It seems a lot nicer on my s3 than finger written notes on android. Is there any way of quickly saving then uploading an inked page, or is it a case of taking a screenshot?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you find yourself penless in Seattle while angry hoards are clamoring for input you can just give em the finger. :D

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you find yourself penless in Seattle while angry hoards are clamoring for input you can just give em the finger. :D

Your wit knows no shame :D

You remind me of a KP I worked with who constantly came up with the most groanworthy puns imaginable :D