What's new

Embarassing

qwertyy

I don't understand why everyone is so worried about waking from hibernation, just shut it down. My Pro 3 takes all of 7 seconds to boot from off, who doesn't have 7 seconds?

I second this. I always shut down all my ssd devices these days. SP3, especially, boots faster than my 512gb macbook pro retina for some reason.

DeltaXray

I find booting from cold is at least as fast, if not faster, than resuming from hibernation, in terms of getting to a usable point. The only downside to that is that the apps are closed so you need to re-open your apps and files etc, so in that respect it is slower. But I always fully shut down, it boots up so fast that I am happy getting to the login screen in a few seconds.

Also, I was having problems with the SP3 waking up in my bag and turning it into an oven. Full shutdowns for me from now on.

Lobo

I never shut down. All my application remain loaded and I can immediately pick up where I left off.

This. Stuff needs to be up and running. Might be a Mac thing, I'm just so used to it. Not proselytizing, just saying. ;)