What's new

HowTo Enable Your Favourite Flash-Site in Metro IE10

sufiction

I keep trying to get sites to work doing this and I have only got one to work so far twitch.tv. I edit the doc then go delete the history then I reboot and it worked for that site but no others

kryten22uk

Annoyingly even if you uncheck the "update compatibility list" box, the compatibility file will be overwritten when you do a software update. Hence you have to go back and reenter all your flash site additions.

Sin

Or back up the file. Also I have been adding to my list for a while and so far none of the software updates have reverted my list yet.

kryten22uk

Or back up the file. Also I have been adding to my list for a while and so far none of the software updates have reverted my list yet.

Ive been adding since October, and every month or so the list gets wiped. I can only assume its updates.

sez4182

what do you have to do to actually edit the text.. I can get to the screen with all the domains but it does not let me type anything in? I don't know if it makes a difference but when I open up the whitelist it takes me away from desktop mode and opens it up in the normal windows startup.

Revealingsean

On the folder before you open the document, right-click it and I think it's either open with or edit with and choose notepad. Now you should be able to edit it. just save it when done.

sez4182

Followed all the steps and it still doesn't work.. I'm trying to use it for pearsonmylabandmastering.com ... is it possible that I need to put the domain name of the actual page that the flash is needed because the message doesn't show up until I click on my homework so the url might not be exactly the same. Need this for school, very frustrating

EMINENT

I tried this editing for sites like movreel.com, allmyvideos.net, vidbux.com, etc. as they host the vids from tv-links.eu

This isn't working for me.

Can anyone get this to work with those sites?

J515OP

Super Moderator
If you are adding a hosting site to the white list you actually need to add the source location of the video.

EMINENT

So if the address at the top says: http:/ /www.vidxden.com/u4iod553tp6l, I have to add "vidxden.com/u4iod553tp6l" to the whitelist? I have to do this for every video file I want to watch?

Sin

You do not have to add each video, just the video host that you want to allow. If the video is hosted vidxden.com then just add that to your whitelist and all flash on the host will be allowed.