What's new

Enabling keyboard in 'Presentation' mode

reggieBannister

Hi all,

I have read that when using the Surface Book, putting the screen on backwards in 'presentation mode' disables the keyboard.

Are there any software options / workarounds to alter this behaviour, and to leave the keyboard operational no matter which way round the screen is attached?

Thankyou

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

I think when they talk about flipping the screen backwards people are mostly talking about flipping the keyboard behind the screen. It sounds like you're thing of reversing the screen? Keyboard facing you and screen, (I assume attached which I don't think is possible), facing the rear?

OP
R

reggieBannister

Welcome to the forum

I think when they talk about flipping the screen backwards people are mostly talking about flipping the keyboard behind the screen. It sounds like you're thing of reversing the screen? Keyboard facing you and screen, (I assume attached which I don't think is possible), facing the rear?

Hi leeshor,

Yes you are correct with your first example, if you flipped the keyboard behind the screen, apparently the keyboard disables.

I guess this is to stop keys being pressed if it closes all the way into 'creative canvas' mode:

Surface Book Tip: Detach and Reconfigure the Screen - Thurrott.com

Is there a way of maintaining keyboard functionality in this mode?

Thanks again