What's new

Everyone needs to get the SP4 touch cover

Yes it is the same size, fits my SP3 perfectly. I think the poster is refering to the size of the hinge bit, since the magnetic strip is narrower on the SP4 version to fit the smaller bezel - I don't know the answer to that. It is only of consequence to him due to the thickness of his UAG cover.

Thanks for that info!

Chuck_IV

Confirmed. Fold is now too small for the keyboard to fold around back with the UAG on.

I did pick up the keyboard and am now going with my modified Moko case where I cut off the front flap. As modified, the new keyboard DOES wrap around the back without issue.

The useablilty difference between the old and new keyboard is quite big. No more fat fingerings keys. I will just have to weigh whether the increased usability outweighs the protection reduction with the Moko case vs the UAG.

geokarbou

quick question: with the SP3 type cover my only problem is that if you press the spacebar at the far right end, the press wont register, you have to press more in the middle unlike most keyboards; have they changed this issue with the type cover 4?

Chuck_IV

I can't say I noticed this issue with the SP3 cover, I can say I don't have that issue with the SP4 cover.

I wasn't sure about spending the money on this SP4 cover and essentially putting aside a perfectly good and expensive SP3 cover, but if you type a lot, you will quickly realize it was worth it.

Nik

Debating on bitting the bullet and buying the SP4 Type cover or finding a used SP3 Type cover...

My SP3 Type cover some of the keys on the right side and stiff and sticking making it not fun to type...

Anyone looking to sell their old keyboard?

Or should I suck it up and get a new SP4 keyboard?

I just purchased the SP4 Pen 2 weeks ago and already love it 1,000 times more than the SP3 pen

Chuck_IV

If you do a lot of typing(sounds like you do since you have issues with the keyboard), knowing what I know now, I'd go for the SP4 keyboard.

kwright

I've got one and agree that it's a great key board but it isn't compatible the blue tooth wireless adaptor. I the Surface for presentations and the mouse/key board connect via blue tooth.

Zippy0n

quick question: with the SP3 type cover my only problem is that if you press the spacebar at the far right end, the press wont register, you have to press more in the middle unlike most keyboards; have they changed this issue with the type cover 4?

I have the Type 4 and just opened up word and hit the far right edge of the spacebar, works perfectly - its an incredible keyboard