What's new

Extended monitor only, but digitizer is still active

ChiGGz

I've plugged in an external monitor to my surface and disabled the Surface screen. Noticing that the surface screen is off, but the touch capabilities are still active and they mimic the locations on the external monitor.

Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Digitizer both Touch and Pen are separate from the Monitor and are Human Interface Devices (like Mice and Keyboards). They will be active unless you disable them from device manager or via the command line/powershell

OP
C

ChiGGz

The Digitizer both Touch and Pen are separate from the Monitor and are Human Interface Devices (like Mice and Keyboards). They will be active unless you disable them from device manager or via the command line/powershell

This makes total sense! Though, I'm guessing even if I disable it in Devices, the digitizer is still being powered, just with no functionality.

I'm just thinking in terms of maximizing the battery when using external peripherals (KVM)

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This makes total sense! Though, I'm guessing even if I disable it in Devices, the digitizer is still being powered, just with no functionality.

I'm just thinking in terms of maximizing the battery when using external peripherals (KVM)
Correct....