What's new

External battery pack suggestions?

Wayne Orwig

Hi,
to start of I live in New Zealand I wanted to import the Anker external battery pack OR Power Castle from Amazon but it seems that can't happen so
would this be fine?
High Performance Tablet / Mbl Power Bank 20000 mAh | Trade Me
Along with this?
USD$12.00 - Wall Charger Cable for Microsoft Surface RT Surface Pro - lunashops online shop
THanks a lot and if so, could you please point out how many hours at most I could get from this battery pack?
Thank you once again.

This will not work. The Surface Pro, which I believe you have, needs 12 volts in. These output only 5 volts.

Look for a device to charge a LAPTOP, not a tablet.

Have you tried to contact MikeGyver to see if he will ship to you?

You really need to fix the 2 hour run time problem.

Last edited:
OP
I

Iamsocool

This will not work. The Surface Pro, which I believe you have, needs 12 volts in. These output only 5 volts.

Look for a device to charge a LAPTOP, not a tablet.

Have you tried to contact MikeGyver to see if he will ship to you?

You really need to fix the 2 hour run time problem.

Hey man thanks for getting back.

I don't believe I can ship stand alone batteries to New Zealand FROM overseas as I had tried to do that before but they could not forward it to New Zealand which is really sad.

But ugh in terms of the 2 hour problem, I decided to use this article to see if it would help me out

How To: Optimize Microsoft Surface Pro Battery Life

And it has! but the surface runs pretty slow at first then it catches on later but the battery seems it can go up to like 5 - 7 hours or even 8 which is pretty cool.

Just the extenral battery I am on a lookout for.

Thanks

OP
I

Iamsocool

AND this guy is planning on releasing a 10000mAh battery next week that will power the surface pro for around $60 - 70USD what do you guys think?
It's output is past 12V as well so it will work.

Last edited: