External battery

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by dcdivenut, Jun 19, 2014.

1. dcdivenut

dcdivenut New Member

Hi... I have been reading a couple of threads here and from what I could tell needed a battery with a 12v output so I went out and got one of these Anker 2nd Gen Astro Pro2 20000mAh Quad-Port External BatteryAnker | Support and a cable from MikeGuyver.

When I plug everything in seems to work briefly (says it is on AC power) then switches to battery.

Figured I would check here before I started calling support. Should this setup work?

2. jollywombat

jollywombat Member

My Device:
    SPro2
    Power pack might not be able to handle it. The site says it will provide 12v but only at 1.5amp. The SP2 48w charger does 12v @ 3.6amp, so it might not be receiving the power it needs to charge, or its requesting the full power and the battery has protection built into it to prevent the 2x power draw beyond its rating.

3. zeke2810

zeke2810 New Member

I returned the Anker Astro Pro2 and got the Introcircuit Power Castle 26000mAh.. There are cables on Amazon now that do the same thing as the MikeGyver cable and are a lot cheaper. I got the PCastle with a chord on Amazon for $105