Facebook-Metro

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Apps' started by JesseDiaz, Jul 18, 2014.

1. JesseDiaz

JesseDiaz Member

So I always got the feeling that something wasn't right with the app.....
    And so I compared the web version and the metro version.....the metro version does not have all the newsfeed that the web version does. I compared it to the iPad app as well. Same thing. Anyone else seeing this?

2. Jippo

Jippo New Member

I have just recently installed the facebook app, and I have also noticed the same thing with my surface 2 facebook app. All I am seeing is mainly friends posts and liked pages in the recent stories but anything group related is not, I have to go the groups to see what is new in there. If I go to facebook through IE its fine :S

3. Aurelio

Aurelio Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    This Facebook Metro is horrible and VERY SLOW to load and update things!!! Eerrggghh

4. tat3406

tat3406 Member

This was so sad. Better pin the IE facebook on start to quick access.

5. Redguard

Redguard New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    That's the same approach that I took... not only with Facebook but as an alternative to a lot of web-based apps that either perform poorly in Metro form or plain don't exist.

Examples:
    - Pinterest
    - Twitter
    - LinkedIn
    - YouTube
    - Tumblr

All of the above are pinned to my desktop as hyperlinks to their websites... which I'm okay with. I consider the website to be the premium version of any of these "social" interfaces. Even my online banking... the Metro app is struggling, so I'm just going straight to web.

I really want to cheer for Windows here, but they need to do A LOT of work in terms of the apps that are being provided in the Windows store.