What's new

Facebook-Metro

JesseDiaz

So I always got the feeling that something wasn't right with the app.....
And so I compared the web version and the metro version.....the metro version does not have all the newsfeed that the web version does. I compared it to the iPad app as well. Same thing. Anyone else seeing this?

Jippo

I have just recently installed the facebook app, and I have also noticed the same thing with my surface 2 facebook app. All I am seeing is mainly friends posts and liked pages in the recent stories but anything group related is not, I have to go the groups to see what is new in there. If I go to facebook through IE its fine :S

Redguard

This was so sad. Better pin the IE facebook on start to quick access.
That's the same approach that I took... not only with Facebook but as an alternative to a lot of web-based apps that either perform poorly in Metro form or plain don't exist.

Examples:
- Pinterest
- Twitter
- LinkedIn
- YouTube
- Tumblr

All of the above are pinned to my desktop as hyperlinks to their websites... which I'm okay with. I consider the website to be the premium version of any of these "social" interfaces. Even my online banking... the Metro app is struggling, so I'm just going straight to web.

I really want to cheer for Windows here, but they need to do A LOT of work in terms of the apps that are being provided in the Windows store.