What's new

facebook news feed very small

sanalao167

is it only me, but the news feed of facebook in my spro4 only occupied a third of the screen. the fonts are so small I cant barely read the feeds. its unlike ipad or mac where in you can just tap it n the view will be enlarged. help pls this presbyopic eyes of mine.
by the way, why does emails arrived in a delayed fashion into my hotmail in this spro4 machine? I received an email faster in other machines/phone and the delay is definitely more than 5 minutes.

Eplak

For the mail issue, i can help you. It s in the account setting. I have windows i Norwegian, so i am not sure that my translation will be on spot, but i will try

First open you mail app.
press the settings button in the down left corner
On top it will say something like "manage accounts"(?)
Press the account where you are experiencing delay
Then change syncronization settings
There you will find a setting of when to recieve new emails.

As default it will say "based on my usage" or something like that.

Whennit comes to the facebook issue i am not sure what you meant

Eplak

There is a native Windows 10 App for Facebook as well...

I am sorry for going a little off-topic, but i am wondering if there actually is a native Windows 10 app for Facebook. I am only able find the Windows 8 app in the Windows Store. May that be because of my region being Norway?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry for going a little off-topic, but i am wondering if there actually is a native Windows 10 app for Facebook. I am only able find the Windows 8 app in the Windows Store. May that be because of my region being Norway?
Possibly....

dcoplien

The reviews go back prior to Win 10. I suspect if you have Win 10 you get the version that works without charms and if you have 8.1 the version that works with charms. I just installed it on my 8.1 tablet and found its the same lousy view but I swipe from the right to get the menu. Neither said "for Windows XX"

Eplak

The reviews go back prior to Win 10. I suspect if you have Win 10 you get the version that works without charms and if you have 8.1 the version that works with charms. I just installed it on my 8.1 tablet and found its the same lousy view but I swipe from the right to get the menu. Neither said "for Windows XX"

My facebook version has charms, but to get the charms menu, i have to press the "hamburger menu" in the top left corner, then press settings. Therefore i think this is the facebook app made for windows 8, but is still able to run in windows 10

dcoplien

My facebook version has charms, but to get the charms menu, i have to press the "hamburger menu" in the top left corner, then press settings. Therefore i think this is the facebook app made for windows 8, but is still able to run in windows 10
Interesting. When I do that from Win10, "settings" opens up my web browser.

dcoplien

is it only me, but the news feed of facebook in my spro4 only occupied a third of the screen. the fonts are so small I cant barely read the feeds. its unlike ipad or mac where in you can just tap it n the view will be enlarged. help pls this presbyopic eyes of mine.
by the way, why does emails arrived in a delayed fashion into my hotmail in this spro4 machine? I received an email faster in other machines/phone and the delay is definitely more than 5 minutes.
If you prefer Windows Live Email, install windows essentials, it's included (google and then only install the one from the Microsoft site). I have Outlook but much prefer WLE.