What's new

Factory Install software for SP3

bksalt

I am trying to download from Microsoft the factory Install software, with no luck. I have tried 4 times to download it with no luck just tells me unable to download after about 4% has been downloaded. Would anyone have any idea why I cant download the zip file? I have given the proper serial number for my sp3 and have tried to down load to my sp3 and my desktop machine with no luck. Any advice on were to get a copy, when win10 was put on I lost my install partition of 8.1, I sure would like a copy on my sp3 just in case.

any help is appreciated
Bert

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

It may be just me but your post has me a little confused. Are you trying to download drivers or the OS and is it 10 you're trying to download or 8.1, (the forum you're in).

Did you remove the recovery partition, had you upgraded already?

OP
B

bksalt

Trying to download OS 8.1 it was upgraded when I bought it from a friend, recovery partition was removed.

OP
B

bksalt

I am worrying about if 10 crashes on me I cant reinstall I dont have the windows serial number to activate it. I am running ten now just trying to cover all my bases.

leeshor

You don't need a serial number to install 10, even a fresh scratch install. Skip inputting the SN, if it ever had 10 on it and activated in the past it will self activate after the install.

OP
B

bksalt

If I do a fresh install of Win 10 do I need to do anything else for the extra fetchers on my SP3 like the pen?

and by the way thanks for the advise

leeshor

There is a driver pack you probably will need to install. Let's get it working first. The drivers and firmware can be found doing a Bing search.

OP
B

bksalt

My SP3 is running fine now I was just inquiring for future reference thank you for the help If I have any problem I know were to ask for help THANK YOU.