What's new

Fake 128GB card?

NancyH1990

Purchased a new sandisk ultra 128 card from a reputable dealer. Due to fake cards out there, I run h2testw on all cards. I normally use 32GB and 64GB thus have no experience with 128GB.
Attached are results of both of the tests. To be fair to the dealer, do I have a bad card?
Thank you.

Attachments

• MicroSD128.jpg
    MicroSD128.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 398
  • MicroSD128_2nd.jpg
    MicroSD128_2nd.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 359

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd just say there seems to be something wrong with this and get it replaced. If a second card turns up bad tell them of the problem return it and go elsewhere..

bluegrass

I would simply try and copy some files to new thumb drive and see that I can read the file. I had never heard of this h2testw so I went and installed it. BTW - watch out for Softpedia stuff. They try and trick you into downloading a bunch of other junk with out you realizing you clicked on the wrong download. I hate that kind of trickery on some download sites.

I stuck in a 16 gig thumb drive and started the test. When I saw that it was going to take about 40 minutes to run the test I quit. I'll go back to my old method of testing. BTW the software was written for XP and Vista. Should probably work for Windows 8.1 but for me, it takes to long to see if I can use a new thumb drive.