What's new

fastest microSD card for SP4?

Friendly

not sure if the SP4 has any special reader, but I'd like to know what it's fastest read/write speeds are theoretically and then what microSD cards are available to take advantage of that.

I intend to store my data on the card, so as to not run out of space on the native 128GB SSD. while speed isn't always an important factor with files like music or videos, I'd like it to be as snappy as possible. one day I will be able to boast to my grand children about the millions of seconds I saved over my lifetime because I didn't cheap out on my computing accessories. ;)

edteamslr

I can post some benchmarks for the following:
1) Lexar Professional Class 10 UHS-I 633x Speed (95MB/s) MicroSDXC Flash Memory Card - 128 GB
2) Sandisk extreme pro 64gb microsd

The read speed of both were the same with the Sandisk 2-5mbs faster. In the 70-80 region - if I remember I will post the pictures.
The write speeds were interesting: the Sandisk was 30% faster.

I tested these in SP4 i5 and M3, with USB3 adapter or in the SP4 port and there was no appreciable change. The difference between the two is so noticeable that I can't go with the Lexar despite double the storage.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lexar is known for fast read slow write. I think that's the official definition of the word in the dictionary. :)