What's new

Favorite Web Browsers for SP2?

MookJong

I've been using Internet Explorer and facebook and youtube among other, crash all the time. More than a handful of times per day. I also try to use google chrome but the touch pad goes way to fast when scrolling.

Is there a thread called " How to get the most out of my piece of crap surface pro 2" anywhere?
I hate paying to be a beta tester... I'm on my third Surface pro and not one has lived up to the Description of the device I thought I was buying.

I'm sick of all the damn bugs! I want my money and time back! For now, I'd be happy to just browse the web in peace.

leeshor

Well, it's been 5.5 hours since you posted this, with no responses. Could it have something to do with your first post being so negative? (as an aside I did change one word in your post moments after you made it as this is considered a family friendly forum).

I do have a question or 2 for you; do you have any other PCs, are any of them on Windows 8.x?

With all the problems you have been having it's possible that a Windows tablet just isn't for you. There are people who feel that way, so you shouldn't feel alone.

OP
M

MookJong

You're probably right about Windows tablets not being for me. I'm just used to windows, so I figured i would stick with em. Maybe windows 10 will make it smoother. I guess ill wait for that before toss this thing in the garbage.

lparsons21

I've got both a SP2 and SP3 and use IE 'modern' version all the time and don't see crashing enough to even remember the last time it did. If yours is crashing all the time, something is not right on your Surfaces. It could be some other app you're using or some other reason.

Chrome, OTOH, is another kettle of fish. I like Chrome but it sure likes to crash a bit. I've relegated it to the desktop use for my business related use since it supports plugins and IE (modern) version does not.

Rajziel

I only used IE to download Chrome which was absolutely fine to use until Windows 10. But then again Windows 10 has turned my Surface into a very hot paperweight