What's new

Few questions

Aaleo75

I'm not so tech savvy and barely use my laptop to begin I live on the move all the time and basically been living off my iphone5. Internet mail bills my kindle everything besides downloading music and adding to my iTunes that's all my laptop did.
The galaxy note really put an idea in my head where I work we have charts (maps) and they're huge books full of information ranging over 100$ and they're great cuz u can put notes on them and as u go through a area u can look at and as u go to next area u flip the page awesome
Well my gf has the books but needs them herself and I was wondering could I purchase the surface pro 3 take the pictures of every page catergorize them as I like and insert notes arrows and "a text box" idk how to explain but basically a lil area I can box off and type in as well as notes and arrows etc. to make it neat (terrible handwriting/drawing)
would this be an easy or extremely difficult task
Some of these r PDF files on a USB and can I catergorize it in the same area so basically instead of flipping the page I'm swiping the tablet. It would do wonders for me and from what I understand u can download kindle so instead of 3 inch screen if have 12 but no one has confirmed that either
And lastly can I download iTunes for when I'm home I can download music and to my iPod
Is all this really feasible with SP3 128gb i5
Everywhere I go the answers r different the reviews great bad and i don't wanna make a 1500 investment into something I will not be able to do whAt I want
any help would be great sorry for the long story just trying to make the right decison

mohcho

Yes, you can do all of this since it's a full computer running Windows 8.1. As for taking pictures of books, that's a copyright issue that you will have to deal with on your own, but you can use it as an e-reader.

OP
A

Aaleo75

Yes, you can do all of this since it's a full computer running Windows 8.1. As for taking pictures of books, that's a copyright issue that you will have to deal with on your own, but you can use it as an e-reader.

iTunes -yes
Kindle- yes
And since we don't have internet at work ppl buy the books which r basically free online to download
So technically I wouldn't be taking a picture of someone's book
could this do the notes by pen and the "lil box I can type in" for notes
If this can't then yea I would have to buy the actual paper
And if it can do all this then I would just need to sit at home and download the files which would save me buying the books
Sorry for the confusion but appreciate it so far so good if the last answer is yes then I think I'm sold