What's new

file recovery app for Surface RT???

JamAle

file recovery app for Surface RT???

How can I recover a file which deleted from recycle bin also?

Is there any app?

Thanks,
James

(file history was not turned on, dont help)

Last edited:

grayin

I looked for a while for an app to do this. There does not appear to be anything available. If you deleted the file from an external MicroSD card you could try it in a windows x86 machine where there are many programs available. For the internal drive of the RT machine I don't think you have any options. Sorry

OP
J

JamAle

I looked for a while for an app to do this. There does not appear to be anything available. If you deleted the file from an external MicroSD card you could try it in a windows x86 machine where there are many programs available. For the internal drive of the RT machine I don't think you have any options. Sorry

Thank you very much for your kind effort! Sadly I also could not find any solution, so I lose the file... :-(

PabloRT8.1

Hole!!!
I have the same problem than James, I tried to download the software you mention about but it does nit allow me to install any app if this is not in windows store... is really annoying that we can install app out of the market, I do not mind to buy them from windows market but the selection of app is super poor... actually there are not app for date recover... I am wondering what to do. Please please if someone have another idea or way to recovered Pl help me out...
E-Mail removed by staff for privacy.

I am planning in work in remote and run a recovery program using the tablet as an external hard disk only but I do not know if it is possible....

Thanks for your time reading it.

Last edited by a moderator:

malberttoo

Hole!!!
I have the same problem than James, I tried to download the software you mention about but it does nit allow me to install any app if this is not in windows store... is really annoying that we can install app out of the market, I do not mind to buy them from windows market but the selection of app is super poor... actually there are not app for date recover... I am wondering what to do. Please please if someone have another idea or way to recovered Pl help me out...
E-Mail removed by staff for privacy.

I am planning in work in remote and run a recovery program using the tablet as an external hard disk only but I do not know if it is possible....

Thanks for your time reading it.

Yes unfortunately, the link mentioned above is only for the regular Surface machines, not the RT. With the RT, you are limited to what's available on the Windows store.

PabloRT8.1

You may try some Windows tablet data recovery solution, check out this Windows tablet data recovery guide which can recover lost files from Microsoft Surface.
Yes unfortunately, the link mentioned above is only for the regular Surface machines, not the RT. With the RT, you are limited to what's available on the Windows store.

Hi.. thanks Michel for you quick reply... do you any possible way to recover my at date without be force to open up the surface and take the out the hard disk???

Is important for me recover my data as much as kept my surface but I am block and do not know what to do.

Thanks for any comment you can add.
Have a nice day

malberttoo

Hi.. thanks Michel for you quick reply... do you any possible way to recover my at date without be force to open up the surface and take the out the hard disk???

Is important for me recover my data as much as kept my surface but I am block and do not know what to do.

Thanks for any comment you can add.
Have a nice day

Honestly, I don't know if it's possible. I Googled it, and found almost nothing on the subject, but did find this-

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/2zc72d/surface_rt_deleted_files_recovery/

I can't tell if the poster is saying that he downloaded some special files from Microsoft and was then able to recover the deleted files, of if he was confused, and was instead talking about media for reinstalling the OS.

It can't hurt to call Surface support and see what they say. If you get someone that doesn't sound like they know what they're talking about, then I personally would call back a couple times and make sure I'm getting the same answer from all of them.

PabloRT8.1

Honestly, I don't know if it's possible. I Googled it, and found almost nothing on the subject, but did find this-

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/2zc72d/surface_rt_deleted_files_recovery/

I can't tell if the poster is saying that he downloaded some special files from Microsoft and was then able to recover the deleted files, of if he was confused, and was instead talking about media for reinstalling the OS.

It can't hurt to call Surface support and see what they say. If you get someone that doesn't sound like they know what they're talking about, then I personally would call back a couple times and make sure I'm getting the same answer from all of them.
Hi Michel, thanks for your help.... I already call them many times but hey do not have a solution for my problem... all they say is we can not doing something but I am pretty sure they can run my tablet and get all my lost info... :-( but I will try again few times to see if they come out with any new idea...

What you think about running a recovery program from another computer connected to my table in remote server mode, I have no experience in this but I hear it can work and I would like to know your thoughts about it.

Thanks for you great help.
Pablo