Files Not Deleting from Micro SD Card

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by Mr/Rusty, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Mr/Rusty

Mr/Rusty New Member

I have The Windows Surface RT version 1 32 gig tablet.
    I have a 32 gig micro SD card in it, and on that card I have file folder called movies. And in that folder I have but what else...... wait for it :)
    movies!
    When I go to windows explorer and try and delete a .avi or .mp4 file (it can be 300 megs or 1.5 gigs it doesn't seem to matter what size)
    I can delete the file, then if I go to another folder and then go back to the movie folder. The file is back. I tried to just right click and then click delete or right click and then go up to the delete icon and delete. It disappears from the folder then I go to another folder then come back, the files is there.
    The only way I can get the file to stay deleted is to delete it then immediately log out and restart the tablet. Short of that I can't seem to get the file to stay deleted. :eek:mg:
    Anybody have this problem and a way to fix it ? :mad2:

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Welcome to the forum

There is a possibility that the card is corrupted. I assume you have done a restart to check to see if it isn't a cache issue?

3. RWFarley

RWFarley New Member

I have the same problem with a Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10.
    I have deleted the multiple files full of old MP4 many times, only to see tham all back the next time I open an explorer window an look.
    I cannot format the uSD either.
    Next step is to remove the uSD, take it to work (Win7) and try to format there.