What's new

FINA-(UE)FIng-LY! High CPU Utilization w/ SD card fix!

Zkyevolved

Yay! Let's see if it really works. It looks a little strange coming from MS, especially with grammatical mistakes and releasing a firmware update via their website with a file called FW. Lol. Anyone have any experience with it?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I am surprised they released a UEFI update through something other than Windows Update there.

It is currently classified QFE Update for a specific issue that is impacting a large enough group of users they released it Out of Band (They did this in February with a Video Driver Update as well).

leeshor

I couldn't replicate it either. I rarely use an sd card so I figure 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. You'll get it in two weeks anyways on patch Tuesday.

Exactly! Some patches, even for laptops and desktops, going back as far as I can remember, were only intended for certain combinations of software and hardware that were causing problems. Many were not intended for general release and some were even reserved for a Microsoft tech to actually suggest. So your statement about if it isn't broke is right on.