What's new

Finally ; Solve cam focus issue

AbMarhon

Hi
I told MS Surface support about the issue and they asked me to send it which will replace by new one what I'm afraid about that they will not accept that as problem especially that I'm far away from US.

What do u see guys?

bluegrass

Getting a replacement SP3 because of the focus problem would be a big mistake. All SP3 have the close up focus problem. It's the camera they used & not an SP3 hardware problem other then possibly MS using a cheap camera in them.

kundas1

the camera on the SP3 is the worst! I don't know why MS crippled the SP3 with such a sh!tty camera that just pulls down the over all quality of the SP3... it's a crying shame is what it is...

bluegrass

I think the decision was based on priority and cost which was probably a bad decision. That being said, I don't think one out of a hundred users even think about using their Surface to take pictures in this world of smart phones that most of us have in their pocket. Ever go to a concert and see how many people pull a phone out of their pocket and shoot some video or take a picture?

kundas1

you would be surprised how many people on this forum complained about the camera being so bad... but a lot of people do use a tablet in public places and would like to use the camera from the SP3 (tablet) for many other reasons... work field, business, and pleasure... of course people don't bring a tablet to a concert (or maybe SOME would) because that isn't ideal environment with lots of people around who might bump into you and you might drop it or break it or even have it stolen... with that said I bring my tablet almost everywhere I go and would like the SP3 to take decent vinds/pics instead of pulling out another device to do that... just for an example last summer I biked at the Lachine Canal near where I live and brought my tablet to use when I take a break and just putz around and took pictures and vids and although it took OK pcs/vids I did wish it took better ones... I just hope MS is smart enough to put a better camera on the SP4... its gonna take a lot of "wows" to make me dump my SP3 for the SP4...

bluegrass

You made some good points & I agree with them but as for as the SP3 is concerned, a poor choice for a camera is water under the bridge. I will be very disappointed if they don't make a big camera improvement on the SP4 especially since they've made a nice improvement on the camera application in Window 10.

kundas1

I think the smartest thing to do is put a nokia lumia camera on the SP4, obviously not a 20MP camera but all the same tools and stuff like I have on my Lumia 1520... now that would be sweet!

Haldi

Most of the time when I hate the camera is when I try to take a picture of a document.
Too close, too far, unclean white color, to low resolution.
I've simply given up!

kundas1

Most of the time when I hate the camera is when I try to take a picture of a document.
Too close, too far, unclean white color, to low resolution.
I've simply given up!

that articles little gadget is actually genius lol