What's new

Firmware Update 18 Nov

Chrille

got my Sb today (i5/256/dGPU), did all the updates (which wasn't a pleasant experience). I dont't even have Windows Hello as an option on mine.

Wayne Orwig

Unrelated to the update, I restore mine to factory fresh today. I have installed all of the updates that I can possibly install. So far I have not gotten a BSOD when I disconnect the clipboard. I used to get those every other time. And so far Edge has not caused a display driver crash.
I may stop off and buy a lottery ticket. :cool:

ABswl13

got my Sb today (i5/256/dGPU), did all the updates (which wasn't a pleasant experience). I dont't even have Windows Hello as an option on mine.
I don't know why you wouldn't...But you do know that you have to turn it on, right? In case you don't, follow these steps: (1) go to all settings; (2) then to Accounts; (3) then sign-in options; and (4) go to the Windows Hello icon.

I had the Windows Hello issues with not being able to turn the camera on but after a reboot it was sorted. I have now realised that I have lost all gestures from my trackpad and no trackpad settings in my settings. I now have a HID-compliant touchpad in device manager with a driver from 2006 and no rollback option. Anyone else see this or know how to restore my trackpad functionality?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
No specific display driver fix in this update which is mostly about the Touchscreen but also refreshed the Battery driver.

Update: Here are some of the file changes
  • Surface UEFI update (v88.870.770.0) improves system stability.
  • Surface Management Engine update (v1.0.0.1183) provides touch optimizations.
  • Precise Touch Device driver update (v1.1.0.217) provides touch optimizations.
  • Management Engine Interface driver update (v11.0.0.1172) provides touch optimizations.
  • Surface Touch Servicing ML driver update (v1.0.36.1) provides touch optimizations.
  • Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v1.2.0.2) ensures correct Surface driver is installed.

mcsenerd

I had the Windows Hello issues with not being able to turn the camera on but after a reboot it was sorted. I have now realised that I have lost all gestures from my trackpad and no trackpad settings in my settings. I now have a HID-compliant touchpad in device manager with a driver from 2006 and no rollback option. Anyone else see this or know how to restore my trackpad functionality?

Hmmm... I don't have this issue. My touchpad gestures still work fine (one of the things that kept me on OS X for a long time by the way).

Nuspieds

Encouraging signs this morning:
  • It woke from sleep successfully;
  • All external monitors were detected and functioning normally;
  • The external monitor defined as my main display was also maintained;
  • Even the text scaling for the external monitors was maintained as per my settings (before the setting would still say it was per what I set it to but the appearance would be something else).
The only thing was that my taskbar size on the main display was one row instead of two, but if that's the only monitor issue, I can live with that any day. ;)

bjanssen

Can anyone else confirm diminished 3D Mark performance? If it is messing with gaming I want to hold off on installing this.

Thanks, BJ.

EDIT: argh it installed before I could stop it! Anyway, I just retested my firestrike scores, it was 1877 before patch, 1872 after patch. Phew.

Last edited:

Darkhan

Weird, Mine 3dmark still shows below half? Ran passmark 3d and got 1100 which is better than a 940m so reinstalling 3dmark now and gonna retest.

Thanks for your feedback.