What's new

Firmware update coming out tomorrow

macmee

I just spoke to a rep on live support who confirmed that the firmware fix is due tomorrow.

By the way, I hope nobody tries to exchange a surface or touch cover on the Microsoft website. The server is extremely slow and they're not including jQuery, therefore getting tons of errors and the entire process isn't working.

Seriously, this company is a joke. I have no words for the sheer stupidity of Microsoft. It is beyond inexcusable.

MickeyLittle

I just spoke to a rep on live support who confirmed that the firmware fix is due tomorrow.

By the way, I hope nobody tries to exchange a surface or touch cover on the Microsoft website. The server is extremely slow and they're not including jQuery, therefore getting tons of errors and the entire process isn't working.

Seriously, this company is a joke. I have no words for the sheer stupidity of Microsoft. It is beyond inexcusable.

Good news indeed! I'm going to quote you in my other thread macmee...:)

MickeyLittle

nope, checked and got 3 more Windows Defender Updates on top of the 3 I received yesterday.

No doubt, Defender is one updated by the hour application! It seems like every time I click on "check for updates" I see the new updates to install and get excited until I click on the "view details" link and see that it's just Defender again!

eelpout

I'd be a bit cautious. Somehow, yesterday's software updates messed up sleep on mine (w/4300u). Now it won't go to sleep on its own. Even after I rolled everything back.

jollywombat

Got the defender update this morning and thought we had the firmware until I looked at it. Got another update here just now but foiled again, English input update. *sigh* I am fully understanding that they want to test to make sure something does not go amiss again like the december update, but its been over a month now...

MickeyLittle

Got the defender update this morning and thought we had the firmware until I looked at it. Got another update here just now but foiled again, English input update. *sigh* I am fully understanding that they want to test to make sure something does not go amiss again like the december update, but its been over a month now...

Oooooh, I didn't get the English input update. Let me run out and snap it up before the servers go crazy with people trying to get it!

Whew, I got it before the mad rush and I'm back!

Last edited:

DragonGamer

X3 Getting a new update is apparently almost like getting a new device lol. At least MS doesn't fail at keeping the device exciting :D

MickeyLittle

X3 Getting a new update is apparently almost like getting a new device lol. At least MS doesn't fail at keeping the device exciting :D

Unfortunately this is not how it's supposed to be. Updates are supposed to be ho-hum, I'll get to it when I can... not I'm staying home from home from work today for this cause I'm so ready for my tablet to work right!