First look at Microsoft’s brand new ‘Spartan’ project for Windows 10

Discussion in 'Surface Forum Site News' started by dgstorm, Jan 6, 2015.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

A few days ago, a report revealed that Microsoft is secretly developing a special new web browser for Windows 10 dubbed Spartan. The company is looking to offer users a different Internet surfing experience from Internet Explorer, though it’s not clear whether Microsoft will unveil the new program at its Windows event scheduled January 21st. However, since then a source exclusively sent BGR an image showing the Spartan browser in action, alongside some information about this particular new project.

The screenshot above shows a slightly older beta version of the Spartan browser loading a Facebook page. The browser appears to have a minimalistic design, featuring clear, straightforward and clutter-free UI elements.

According to the source, Microsoft assigned a special team to work on Spartan in September, with the team working non stop on the new design since then. A third redesign was completed by Christmas, with the image above belonging to the second version of Spartan, dating back to early November.

Continue Reading @: http://bgr.com/2015/01/06/microsoft-spartan-pictures-release-internet-browser/

2. DutchYee

DutchYee Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    It looks a little glumpsy. But i am really intrested about it!

3. Charlie Cassidy

Charlie Cassidy Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    WinBeta is reporting that this screenshot is faked, according to their sources.

4. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

I hope Spartan disables completely the AutoPlay of all Video or Audio on pages.
    I know marketers believe they own us and are entitled to takeover our/their computers whenever they want but this must be stopped by any means available.