What's new

Flight Simulator X on Surface Pro

TagsxA

I was wondering if anyone on these forums have loaded and tried Microsoft Flight Simulator X on the surface pro? I picked up flight sim X for the desktop PC that my kids use, which has a 5-year-old video card and it runs beautifully on it. I have done some searching (on the internets as well as this forum) and haven't found anyone that has tried it on their surface pro.

I'm not a PC gamer (anymore), and I really only plan on loading my emulators on the surface pro. I do, however, really like flight sim X and would really LOVE to play it on my surface pro if possible.

Last edited:
OP
TagsxA

TagsxA

I'll assume that no one has tried this yet. It looks like I'll be getting my surface pro this weekend, so I'll respond once I get a chance to install Flight Sim X on it and give it a whirl.

OP
TagsxA

TagsxA

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. The HD4000 chip in it handles itself pretty good on most games.

You can take a look at this and see if its listed. At the time of posting this though, it seems like their site is having issues
Intel HD Graphics 4000 Mobile - Games

Yeah I feel kinda stupid now...

On the original thread that the link you gave me was posted on, I actually created a .txt file that was comma separated with all those games included. It wasn't until I started searching it (soon after you posted this), that I found MSX on there, saying it should work fine.

Sorry for the wasted thread :(

OP
TagsxA

TagsxA

I finally loaded FSX on my 128gb SP and it works beautifully! I played it for about 2 hours last night with my T Flight Hotas X flight stick. I was floored by how I could turn up the resolution to 1080p with everything on ultra and it still ran at 30-ish frames\sec. Near the end, I figured I'd plug it into my 47" 1080p TV and it didn't skip a beat. I know it's an older game and all, but wow am I impressed!

I was wondering if anyone on these forums have loaded and tried Microsoft Flight Simulator X on the surface pro? I picked up flight sim X for the desktop PC that my kids use, which has a 5-year-old video card and it runs beautifully on it. I have done some searching (on the internets as well as this forum) and haven't found anyone that has tried it on their surface pro.

I'm not a PC gamer (anymore), and I really only plan on loading my emulators on the surface pro. I do, however, really like flight sim X and would really LOVE to play it on my surface pro if possible.

I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine it running well on integrated graphics.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine it running well on integrated graphics.

Well apparently it works great (see post above yours) ;) Integrated graphics may not be the best for running hardcore PC games (which are intentionally developed to specs beyond what is currently available) but this particular game is pretty modest so I am not surprised at all by the result.

MSFSX

I finally loaded FSX on my 128gb SP and it works beautifully! I played it for about 2 hours last night with my T Flight Hotas X flight stick. I was floored by how I could turn up the resolution to 1080p with everything on ultra and it still ran at 30-ish frames\sec. Near the end, I figured I'd plug it into my 47" 1080p TV and it didn't skip a beat. I know it's an older game and all, but wow am I impressed!

Any heat issues on the surface?

Maximus3D

The pure FSX should run just fine, however if you buy some newer highpoly addons with airplanes and landscapes, airports and such things which requires far more horsepower to run smoothly i suspect the Surface Pro 3 will show it's limitations.

/ Magnus