What's new

Folio cases for SP3...

IronMan

Recently bought a Surface Pro 3 and I'm looking for a folio leather case that has the back part open.
Reason why I want the back part open is so that it doesn't block the stand.

Most of the folio cases I see on eBay/Amazon have it covered to replace it with its own stand.

Is there one out there that has what I'm looking for?

olimjj

Recently bought a Surface Pro 3 and I'm looking for a folio leather case that has the back part open.
Reason why I want the back part open is so that it doesn't block the stand.

Most of the folio cases I see on eBay/Amazon have it covered to replace it with its own stand.

Is there one out there that has what I'm looking for?

I don't propose to have seen them all , but the ones I have are as you describe. If in the end you do not find a suitable one, you might consider purchasing a relative inexpensive one, and have a leather crafter modify it to suit your needs.

OP
IronMan

IronMan

I don't propose to have seen them all , but the ones I have are as you describe. If in the end you do not find a suitable one, you might consider purchasing a relative inexpensive one, and have a leather crafter modify it to suit your needs.
I found it! (kind of)
Something identical to this one:
http://www.clevergadgets.co.uk/prod...ortfolio-folio-stand-case-cover-with-keyboard

Only downside is that there is no lock from the bottom to prevent the SP3 from sliding out.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The back of the case is "hinged" like the SP3 and the bottom clips to the kickstand...

WP_20140929_12_47_14_Pro.jpg

grumpy

It doesn't cover the vents...
I never said that it did... I said that is RESTRICTS the air flow - which it does. The exhaust and intake vents are partially obstructed. The SP3 has enough problems dissipating heat - no reason to make it harder...