What's new

Folio cases for SP3...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I never said that it did... I said that is RESTRICTS the air flow - which it does. The exhaust and intake vents are partially obstructed. The SP3 has enough problems dissipating heat - no reason to make it harder...
I haven't had any issues...it runs identical as it did before I used the case....my son the gamer uses one as well...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Do you ever worry about it falling face down?
Only when I'm drinking heavily...which is a rare event ;)

Again I haven't had any issues, I bought them after my son scratched his at home because of the way he carries it with other stuff all in his arms...I use my as a notepad without the keyboard often and it lays flat on flat surfaces so I wanted to protect that as well....and who am I fooling I'm in office that is going to be deploying these to all of the senior management and consulting staff (CEO, Chairman and the President already have them) and I want my to look different but professional without using a sticker....yes I'm shallow don't judge me!!!

cmergel

I have the same case as Jeff and what I like about it most is the hinged case that allows you to use the kickstand. It is a bugger to take off because of how it clips in to the kickstand, but that is really minor. Also it has a slot to slide the pen into the case, nice add-in feature.

I haven't had any issues with heat, but I am not a gamer.

Bought through amazon and it was $20.

Chuck_IV

I have the same case as Jeff and what I like about it most is the hinged case that allows you to use the kickstand. It is a bugger to take off because of how it clips in to the kickstand, but that is really minor. Also it has a slot to slide the pen into the case, nice add-in feature.

I haven't had any issues with heat, but I am not a gamer.

Bought through amazon and it was $20.
I decided to try this case as well. I was looking for something that still allowed me to wrap the keyboard under when using longways AND gave me a range of options for the tilt when using the wide way.

I like the case but I have concerns about the way it clips to the SP3. It seems like those clips could do some wear damage to the frame of the SP3 over time. I had this happen with a similar type case I had on a phone once.

Anyone used one of these longterm on a Surface Pro 2 and see any issues?

wditters

I learnt from the team at FreedomCase that they will start their initiatives around the Freedomcase for SP3 later this year, approx November.

I got the MoKo Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Shell Stand Cover Case that Jeff has and like it a lot. I wish when it was folded up closed that the magnetic clasp could reach when the type cover is attached but not a big deal.

randyp1234

I got the MoKo Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Shell Stand Cover Case that Jeff has and like it a lot. I wish when it was folded up closed that the magnetic clasp could reach when the type cover is attached but not a big deal.

Could you or jnjroach tell me more about closing this with the type cover? Does it not stay closed because of the magnetic clasp not reaching?

Randy

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Could you or jnjroach tell me more about closing this with the type cover? Does it not stay closed because of the magnetic clasp not reaching?

Randy
The type cover prevents the magnetic clasp from touching, it is really designed to use with out the cover, I cut the flap cover off and just the type cover, then eventually stopped using the case all together....