What's new

For All You Apple Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuck

How many times do people post how unstable Windows 8.1 and how Apple is so stable and issue free. Well for those of you who subscribe to that view read this:

Not to mention the iPhone 6+ bends.

macmee

Look, everyone's needs are different. I like OS X because it's unix like and easy to develop on. I like Windows because it's a star for tablets. iOS is fantastic because it's highly reliable and has a high volume high quality app ecosystem, and I like Android because it's incredibly open and by typically being cheaper, has put smartphones in the hands of regular people.

Right now in social media it's popular amongst bitter Android folks to bash iOS and poke fun at features that "apparently android had first" or whatever. These people are apparently incapable of acknowledging that other people have needs and opinions that deviate from their own.

I spent $2000 on a SP2 last year and every day was problem after problem. It was the most dysfunctional computer I had ever owned and updates never seemed to make it any better. But I didn't flock back to exclusively buying iPads or Android tablets and get my pitchfork out pointed to Microsoft. I actually kept an open mind to what Microsoft is doing, accepted that there's a lot of challenges in the mobile software/hardware space, and bought a SP3 regardless of all the problems I faced with my SP2. And you know what? I'm glad I did. I still have my Nexus 7 and iPad floating around, but I love my SP3 too, I use it every day. And I'm damn sure that most iOS users aren't as unforgiving as you or many bitter Android users, and will continue to have faith in Apple and iOS, and wont give up on them just because of 1 crappy software update. Do you know how many crappy Android/iOS/Windows/OSX updates there are each year? Each month? Engineers are humans and humans aren't perfect.

Tldr; Google, Microsoft and Apple are all contributing hardware and software to the mobile industry that are all game changing. Instead of narrow mindedly believing that only one platform can be the best, consider the fact that each platform has its own unique subset of features, and that your set of desired features is much different from mine and everyone elses'.

kundas1

I'm going to be locking this thread as this has been posted already and it almost turned ugly...

Status
Not open for further replies.