What's new

For those who are having WLAN Issues - (Possible Fix - Tested for the last 48 hours)

CaptMurphy

I've never had issues with non apple devices before. I did notice that I did not have 5ghz turned on so I did that changed the sp3 to connect over 5ghz and it went from ~2MB/s to ~9MB/s. At least that's usable.

pcom

I've done this sequence twice including entering UEFI and exiting and consistently get 6Mbps on 5GHz on the new driver whereas I get up to 234Mbps on the old driver. I'm starting to think it has something to do with router config, too -- and not necessarily something that might be changed by the average user. I'm running a stock ASUS RT-AC56U on firmware on 3.0.0.4.374_5656 which is not only the latest but also the latest production firmware.

CaptMurphy

I forgot to add that I also hooked up a Belkin N router and tested it. It was the same speed as the airport at 2.4 ghz (the belkin doesn't do 5ghz).

ctitanic

Interesting. I Just did that and the WLAN adapter is behaving differently, it does not go down when I disconnect from power like before.
Download the Surface Pro 3 June Update:

Download Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro firmware and driver packs from Official Microsoft Download Center

For those who are having issues with WiFi, uninstall them and delete the drivers, reboot and allow the earlier drivers to install, then unzip the driver package and update to the June WLAN drivers and they are much more stable without the power drain of the original drivers....

It looks like the Windows Update Install had issues and the manual install seems to fix them... no 6 Mbps issue with now...

geckoking

My wifi off battery is now WORKING! i am getting a idle of 117mb on 802.11ac connection off battery. I am using a Netgear R6250 Router.

This is what i did.

I uninstalled the marvell network adapter and rebooted.

Windows reinstalled Marvell on its own with the past driver in May.

I then downgrade to the drive in 4/24/14 rebooted

now my current marvell driver is 5/15/14.

This made my surface a huge difference. So happy now.

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    100 KB · Views: 824
Last edited: