What's new

Frayed Charger Cord (Solution found)

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

That's great. I assume you dont have to return the original. If that is the case, you can refurb it as described in earlier posts and use it, if necessary, as a spare.

Support wasn't sure. Told me I might get a box with a request to return the defective power supply and I might not so don't toss it until I'm sure.

I purchased a 2nd one the day I bought the unit off eBay as I just am not comfortable without 2 chargers so once I get the new replacement if I don't have to return the defective one I'll probably just put it in my spare parts box.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

some get asked and some don't, they didn't ask for mine back ;) u might get lucky. but I told ya they would replace it ;)

Yes you did. I'm also happy that they registered my SP3 and it is under warranty until June. I know that's only 4 more months but I had no idea I could buy a used tablet off eBay and get this kind of service!

People can say what they want about Microsoft CS but my experience yesterday was great. I had good experiences as well with some issues that I had with the original SP and the SP2.

OP
MickeyLittle

MickeyLittle

I received my brand new charger today and there was nothing in the package about returning the old one. So I'm storing it in my junk box. I feel much better now knowing I have 2 good chargers! Thanks again everyone! :)