What's new

free one drive space with surface pro 3?

strollin

The SP2 included a card with a code on the back that could be redeemed for the free OneDrive space. My SP3 didn't come with any such card/code so I don't think SP3 purchasers get that benefit.

cbrooker

MS just announced "Massive increase to OneDrive storage plans: 15 GB free for everyone, 1 TB for Office 365 subscribers"
Also, lowered the prices on all plans by ~70%.

https://blog.onedrive.com/new-onedrive-storage-plans/

I didn't find the voucher with the SP2 all that interesting anyways. It only gave you 200GB for 2 years. After 2 years you loose the 200GB limit, not sure what happens to your data.

benjitek

...I didn't find the voucher with the SP2 all that interesting anyways...
At the time, it was 'interesting', however, as a Office365 subscriber -- it no longer matters. 1TB has me covered -- great way to add value to my Office 365 subscription!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
MS just announced "Massive increase to OneDrive storage plans: 15 GB free for everyone, 1 TB for Office 365 subscribers"
Also, lowered the prices on all plans by ~70%.

https://blog.onedrive.com/new-onedrive-storage-plans/

I didn't find the voucher with the SP2 all that interesting anyways. It only gave you 200GB for 2 years. After 2 years you loose the 200GB limit, not sure what happens to your data.

The plan was you started paying for the additional storage....which becomes much more palatable at the new prices :) I have 420GB of OneDrive Storage currently....

OP
unruledboy

unruledboy

@jnjroach

thanks for the info, currently I have 60gb dropbox (48gb 2 years because of galaxy noet 2 activation).

I am not sure if One Note supports other cloud storage like dropbox (or maybe the other way around)?

OP
unruledboy

unruledboy

@jnjroach

I am curious, the Office 365 Personal says it allows 1 PC and 1 tablet. Does surface pro 3 considers as a tablet or PC............. LOL

benjitek

@jnjroach

I am curious, the Office 365 Personal says it allows 1 PC and 1 tablet. Does surface pro 3 considers as a tablet or PC............. LOL
You can count a Surface as either. If you have some other tablet, then you can count your Surface as a PC (or the other way around)...

OP
unruledboy

unruledboy

@benjitek

sounds very tricky and clever......

when talking about performance, SP3 will say it's a tablet, when talking about portability/weight etc, SP3 will say it's a laptop :)