What's new

Freebies? Deals? With 2/9 Pro Launch?

DocSc00teR

My local Microsoft Store is pretty silent on the subject of promotional deals or giveaways that might accompany the launch of the Surface Pro this week. When the Surface RT came out, my wife and I picked up 1-year Xbox Music Pass subscriptions, a full-color training book, free training seminars, and a couple of other trinkets. So is something like that coming with the Pro? Any giveaways that you've heard of? Any advantage to being at the Microsoft Store as opposed to Best Buy or whatever?

bosamar

When my wife and I puchased our RTs at the San Diego Microsoft Store on Black Friday we both got a free sleeve.

Nemesis296

I was told they are bundling the pro with a with a touch type cover, office and a sleeve for an $200.
Where did you hear this? The guy at Best Buy told me that they would honor Microsoft's promotions if I brought my receipt back within 30 days. Office for $200 is even a steal, but the touch or type cover and sleeve is even better.

bosamar

Where did you hear this? The guy at Best Buy told me that they would honor Microsoft's promotions if I brought my receipt back within 30 days. Office for $200 is even a steal, but the touch or type cover and sleeve is even better.
It's Office 365, their subscription service for one year.