What's new

Freedomcase is Here

CreativeLemming

Yeh it can

Well, I've found that I can fold the touch keyboard back, but find that the type cover pops out (both normal and reversed). Mine's the leather version, maybe that's thicker than the polyurethane version?

One gripe I have is trying to use it in tablet mode. Other than the pen flapping about when you flip the cover, I can't seem to find a way of folding it back that's comfortable and latches, or doesn't have a big flap dangling out at the end. Kind of hard to explain without pictures.

Agree with danielrp, you don't notice it at all when in kickstand mode. Have both Mavnex and Incipio cases which I stopped using after a few days, preferring to go naked - However, I don't see the freedomcase coming off (wonder if repeated removal is good for the kickstand flap anyway?)

djc45

I received mine last week as well.
It is really good, but I`ve not quite gotten the hang of the different positions yet. I have discovered 2 positions that seem to work for me, and it certainly makes typing on your lap, a whole lot easier.
I`m just not very clear on how to get the other positions. I appreciate any guidance anyone else who has received theirs might be able to give on how to fold into the other positions.
Does anyone know if they are going to put more detailed instructions on the positions on their website or anything like that?

CreativeLemming

Does anyone know if they are going to put more detailed instructions on the positions on their website or anything like that?

There are pictures of all of the positions on the back of the packaging and simple instructions inside which can get you to the first basic position. All you need to do is line up the symbol/text as in the instructions and fold it into one position (such as on screen keyboard, which is probably the easiest), then you can very easily get to any of the other modes by simply flipping one of the joints with your finger - no need to unclip the magnet or anything, just flip and fold with your fingers.

Just practice a little and it will soon become second nature.

The only one I can't seem to get, as mentioned earlier, is the 'tablet' position.

By far the best tablet case I've ever owned - I'd hope that they'd be able to take this concept on to other devices, although not sure how it would be as slick as this one due to the kickstand being so integral to the design.

Would love to post a photo/videos but have dinner to make :)

chrisleung

Hey revmike, we just posted an update on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...able-stand-and-case-for-microsof/posts/931963

In short: US shipment has landed in LA and will hopefully be shipping out to all Kickstarter backers by next week.

We'll have a video up in the coming days that will guide everyone through the different angles/positions available.

Really appreciate all of the feedback and support--you guys have been with me since the beginning of this project. Couldn't have done it without you.

Cheers.

Ecclabs

Can you take a picture with your phone showing it? Are you using a Type cover or a Touch cover? If the keyboard can really fold back, maybe this will be my next case!

Well, I've found that I can fold the touch keyboard back, but find that the type cover pops out (both normal and reversed). Mine's the leather version, maybe that's thicker than the polyurethane version?

One gripe I have is trying to use it in tablet mode. Other than the pen flapping about when you flip the cover, I can't seem to find a way of folding it back that's comfortable and latches, or doesn't have a big flap dangling out at the end. Kind of hard to explain without pictures.

Agree with danielrp, you don't notice it at all when in kickstand mode. Have both Mavnex and Incipio cases which I stopped using after a few days, preferring to go naked - However, I don't see the freedomcase coming off (wonder if repeated removal is good for the kickstand flap anyway?)

Metalman

Hey revmike, we just posted an update on Kickstarter here: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...able-stand-and-case-for-microsof/posts/931963

In short: US shipment has landed in LA and will hopefully be shipping out to all Kickstarter backers by next week.

We'll have a video up in the coming days that will guide everyone through the different angles/positions available.

Really appreciate all of the feedback and support--you guys have been with me since the beginning of this project. Couldn't have done it without you.

Cheers.
Hello Chris,
Is this your case on ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271547441544?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

revmike

Cheers.
Thanks Chris for the update.