What's new

Freeze in OneNote

Marco Wittwer

Hi
My Surface often freezes when OneNote (the store app version) is open.
I cannot find f.lux for uninstall. Windows Update is done.
What could I do?
Thank you.

ctitanic

Hi
What could I do?
Thank you.
Welcome aboard. This is a good question. Metro Apps still very unstable. The fix is to uninstall and reinstall

Capture.JPG

Tsurugaya

Are they really uninstalled our just unlinked? If you reinstall it is really simple and fast leaving me to believe that they just don't show it on the Start screen.

Edo0003

Hi
What could I do?
Thank you.
I've been experiencing these problems for about 2 months now. It's frsutrating taking notes then have the app freeze and close out on its own. I tried reinstalling, cleaning drives, but nothing has worked so far.

Liam2349

This happens occasionally in Modern OneNote, but I haven't experienced crashes with OneNote 2013. It's a bit unfortunate as I prefer inking in modern, but use 2013 for my typed notes.

Edo0003

This happens occasionally in Modern OneNote, but I haven't experienced crashes with OneNote 2013. It's a bit unfortunate as I prefer inking in modern, but use 2013 for my typed notes.
I also started using one note 2013 for my written notes. It just doesn't feel as smooth when writing as it does with metro but at least it's stable.