What's new

From macair 13" to surface pro 3

johnj2803

this is really personal preference and no one can really tell you what is best for you but yourself.

But i do get that asking others for their opinion helps, but in the end its your decision.

I am mainly a mac user, and my surface has been getting a lot of use lately. Now I can't seem to live without one or the other. I am student, so i use the surface for school, onenote and the pen trumps any application for me in any operating system. I am also a parent with toddlers and have photography as a serious hobby. I cannot live without aperture and imovie as well. There are definitely alternative apps for the ones I need in either operating systems, but these are my preferred apps on each platform.

Again, this may change in the future, but that's how it is in mine....

you can try out the surface. Free returns in the Microsoft store.

OP
K

Kenz1980

Well I ended up selling my Mac and purchasing a sp3 over the weekend. Happy with the purchase so far. Question though: does this indexing occur whenever the sp3 is on or does it do it in sleep mode too?

Just wondering how long it takes and how long it should impact battery life

Felyne

As far as I know indexing occurs only when the screen is on, but honestly I'm not sure about this.
But usually indexing doesn't take that long, it varies with the amount of files you have. But anyway, take a look in the guides section of this forum, there are some really helpful tipps and tricks. :)