What's new

Frustrated with Onscreen Keyboard since update

reebee

Hello! I've had my Surface Pro 3 for a few years, I think, and have been happy with it until very recently. I've googled for others with this problem and haven't found anything, but before I lose my mind I figured I'd ask in a forum... So my Surface recently installed some updates, and ever since the onscreen keyboard won't stop popping up everywhere, it is so annoying to constantly have to close the keyboard everytime I touch the screen. It used to only come up when needed, but now it comes up when I'm just scrolling or playing solitaire, etc. I looked into uninstalling the last update which appears to be a Windows Security Update on 5/14, will that fix it?

Thanks!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! I've had my Surface Pro 3 for a few years, I think, and have been happy with it until very recently. I've googled for others with this problem and haven't found anything, but before I lose my mind I figured I'd ask in a forum... So my Surface recently installed some updates, and ever since the onscreen keyboard won't stop popping up everywhere, it is so annoying to constantly have to close the keyboard everytime I touch the screen. It used to only come up when needed, but now it comes up when I'm just scrolling or playing solitaire, etc. I looked into uninstalling the last update which appears to be a Windows Security Update on 5/14, will that fix it?

Thanks!
Under - Settings - Devices - Typing do you have this setting enabled or disabled?

upload_2018-5-24_8-3-44.png