Getting hot

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 4' started by Screenmad, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Screenmad

Screenmad New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Yes all updates are done.

I get this error when I try to use this forum with Edge.

[​IMG]

2. jnjroach

jnjroach Administrator Staff Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    Do have any extensions installed? Are you using Norton's Firewall capability? Flash enabled (I would disable it)?

3. kundas1

kundas1 Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I also use edge all the time as I have to because IE works so bad ATM for me... and edge works perfectly fine on here using my SP3

4. MikemanSP4

MikemanSP4 Active Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Same here - NO issues with MS Edge and the MS Surface (this) Forum. Loads right up. As a fail safe you can always do a reset of your IE / Edge from the IE settings in the Control Panel. Another thing you might try is using a program like CCleaner to clean out your cookies, typed pages, etc. I have found that this will clear up various issues as well. Let us know if this or anything else fixes the issue when / if you get a moment.

5. Screenmad

Screenmad New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    This forum still won't load on the MSP4. Sigh. I'm beginning to fall out of love with this device. It's so buggy. :-(

6. MikemanSP4

MikemanSP4 Active Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    You can keep Norton - and welcome yourself to the Rhelm of Slow running PC's - I won't drag out my resume, but I have been repairing, working on PC's both for the government and the private sector for 25+ years. Norton kills computers, end of discussion. Don't believe me. just do a search for something along the lines of "Does Norton Slow down PCs" and there are endless pages and stories. I understand you paid for it, by all means keep it. But you will be getting about 60% (or less) of your PC's true capabilities. In an attempt to keep your PC safe, what Norton does, is watch / control a large amount of your PC's services - additionally it eats up a good amount of RAM (256+) - and the worst part of it is - Norton doesn't really protect you. If you want decent protection, without slowing down your PC - Grab a licensed version on ZoneAlarm. - Wish you the best of luck.

7. Screenmad

Screenmad New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Wow it gets so hot when I charge it. I can hear the fan working hard too.

8. Screenmad

Screenmad New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    I've been trying to use Edge and it has made no difference and it's noticeable slower than Chrome.

9. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

If it is getting hot because of charging(and it is timely coincidence, e.g windows update installing so!Etching in the background when plugged in) then i suggest contacting Microsoft. Mine is almost always plugged in and it never gets hot as a result. Fan rarely comes on.

10. radji

radji New Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    That means there's some process or application that is sucking up CPU power. If I make Adobe or Office work too hard, then it will cause my tablet to heat up. Usually it is caused by a background process.
    I've found Edge to be just as unusable as IE. Firefox is marginally better, specifically cause I can disable tabs and sync everything across my devices. Chrome is definitely the fastest.