What's new

Good News for BB Pre-Orders

cardinalryan

I am in the Best Buy Premier Elite or whatever they refer to as people who have points...I called that 866 number and after giving them my order number, they said that my order is scheduled for a 6/19 shipment via next day air.

Basically, she told me that all Best Buy pre-orders made before 6/13 will be shipped on 6/19, so if you did that and asked for express shipping, you should receive yours on Friday.

Let's hope the lady is correct.

DanL

Did they say if it was Fed Ex or UPS?

If you are Elite Plus, The expedited shipping is free and automatically applied.

MDS

Pre ordered blue cover from BB and card charge is pending at same time as Microsoft order. Looks like it will arrive same day as Surface.

Seneleron

all Best Buy pre-orders made before 6/13 will be shipped on 6/19, so if you did that and asked for express shipping, you should receive yours on Friday.

Guess we'll find out tomorrow then. Ordered 5/27, still shows the SP3 as "status not available" [yesterday it still showed as pre-order, ships By 6/20.]

I'd be happier if I hadn't selected Express shipping for my order only to find out it only applied it to the SP3 [better than just the type cover I suppose]

Dajackal9999

I am in the Best Buy Premier Elite or whatever they refer to as people who have points...I called that 866 number and after giving them my order number, they said that my order is scheduled for a 6/19 shipment via next day air.

Basically, she told me that all Best Buy pre-orders made before 6/13 will be shipped on 6/19, so if you did that and asked for express shipping, you should receive yours on Friday.

Let's hope the lady is correct.

I ordered late on 6/16. Called BB today and asked to change the order to store pick-up. The rep put me on hold for a few and came back saying I'm all set to pick it up this Friday when I want to. Checked the online order and sure enough...all set. I also asked her if I had a definite reserve to which she replied yes. They actually had them for walk-ins. So relieved ! Might be worth it if you ordered as late as I did.

P.S. It's a 256GB model.

DanL

Not sure why but when I first looked into ordering online it only offered me the ship to home option. I ended up ordering at the store and got the same response. Not available for store pickup. That was on 6/7. Maybe it's because of my area. Smaller town BB's might not be getting as many units.

Seneleron

Same here, preparing order.

Update: I have a TRACKING NUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SP3 has shipped express!

Unfortunately type cover says "status not available", so I have no clue if it shipped with or what's going on.

Between the two, I'd rather get the SP3 first I suppose ;)

Last edited:

PirateMike

Unfortunately type cover says "status not available", so I have no clue if it shipped with or what's going on.

Now _I'M_ paranoid! :) Mine shipped STANDARD, even though I paid for EXPRESS! Oh, man. (commence frenzied pacing!)

Dajackal9999

Now _I'M_ paranoid! :) Mine shipped STANDARD, even though I paid for EXPRESS! Oh, man. (commence frenzied pacing!)

If you have a BB next to you that might not be so bad as one of their policies is to ship from the store. STANDARD would get it to you the same day hopefully.

Seneleron

Now _I'M_ paranoid! Mine shipped STANDARD, even though I paid for EXPRESS!

Call them, ASAP! They may not be able to change what's happened, and you may or may not get it tomorrow, but they can at least refund the shipping. If you have relatively decent social engineering skills, you could also see if you can wring some additional concessions out of them. At the very least, it's worth a shot ^^

mcsenerd

Mine also says "preparing order" on the SP3, but I don't see it shipped nor do I have a tracking number. My type cover has the same "status not available" as well...