What's new

Good News for BB Pre-Orders

Seneleron

Mine also says "preparing order" on the SP3, but I don't see it shipped nor do I have a tracking number. My type cover has the same "status not available" as well...

I ordered 5/27, so they may be doing them in order. As far as the keyboard, I don't know what's up with that, though reading through the 3 forum threads people have reported getting tracking numbers for type covers but not SP3s, and SP3s but no type cover. I have 2 backup plans, however:

Backup plan 1) Go to Best Buy tomorrow and purchase a new type cover [assuming they have one available in my chosen color]. Then just return my order to the store, explaining the situation.

Backup plan 2) Steal my wife's Type cover 2 from her SP2 for a week. I figure it's fair, until last week it was MY type cover 2 from *MY* SP2.

Tertiary backup plan 3) I have a 32 port powered USB hug, a 27" apple cinema display, and a 21:9 Dell monitor. I have more keyboards and mice than most people would know what to do with. I *THINK* I'll be able to make due . . .

mcsenerd

Well crud! Apparently they shipped the SP3, but the Type Cover still shows up on the web site as not yet processing!

PirateMike

Call them, ASAP! They may not be able to change what's happened, and you may or may not get it tomorrow, but they can at least refund the shipping. If you have relatively decent social engineering skills, you could also see if you can wring some additional concessions out of them. At the very least, it's worth a shot ^^

Well, the very nice lady with customer support says that her system is showing mine as shipping expedited. So that leads me to the conclusion that I will absolutely, positively receive it tomorrow! :) Hey, I'm being positive . . . (continue pacing helplessly while not getting much of anything else done in the meantime).

DanL

I received 2 shipping confirmation emails from BB around noon today. 1 for the black type cover and 1 for the i5 256 SP3. UPS tracking number not in the system yet but that's normal.

Seneleron

Well crud! Apparently they shipped the SP3, but the Type Cover still shows up on the web site as not yet processing!

You and me both. "Status not available". I should probably go down to Bbuy and hold one, then cancel the other order. . but I'm being lazy today .....

mcsenerd

Ok... I wanna know for those that ordered from BB, do you have a shipping confirmation for the Type cover? I ordered on the 3rd and although my SP3 is sitting on a truck for delivery, the type cover is stuck in nowhere-land.

MDS

Ok... I wanna know for those that ordered from BB, do you have a shipping confirmation for the Type cover? I ordered on the 3rd and although my SP3 is sitting on a truck for delivery, the type cover is stuck in nowhere-land.

Same here. Shows order in process only.

mcsenerd

Same here. Shows order in process only.

Well, I had ordered the blue type cover which still shows as status unknown. I decided to drive over to my local BB this morning when they opened to see if they had any type covers that I could just buy, but all they had were the black and purple type covers. So I guess I'll be stuck with the Type Cover 2 for now :-(

mcsenerd

Well, forget that mess. I'm not waiting for that thing to ship. I just went online and found one store not too terribly far away that has the blue type cover in stock. I just ordered it for in-store pickup and I'll go grab it once I receive the confirmation. I'll just return the one that I pre-ordered whenever it finally arrives.

Seneleron

That's exactly what I had to do this morning. they got *34* of them in! [that's JUST the blue, mind you].

I don't know what was so hard about keeping stock to fulfill their existing pre-orders..though my understanding was that the type cover was never available for pre-order? Still though, wouldn't you set aside at least SOME stock to fill existing orders???

Dajackal9999

You'll Love This

That's exactly what I had to do this morning. they got *34* of them in! [that's JUST the blue, mind you].

I don't know what was so hard about keeping stock to fulfill their existing pre-orders..though my understanding was that the type cover was never available for pre-order? Still though, wouldn't you set aside at least SOME stock to fill existing orders???

So I had a preorder at BestBuy which I changed from Shipping to Store Pick-Up. Call the store and they have plenty in inventory. I go to the store eager to get my new toy during lunch. They tell me they can't give it to me even though it's a store pick-up. I have to wait for the "pre-order" shipment to show up. I would have cancelled the order right then and there and purchased in store except somehow I ended up getting the 2 year Geek-Squad Protection 2-year plan for 20 bucks instead of the usual $279.00. The clerk said she didn't see any promotions to that effect, but since it's in my order 20 bucks is what I pay. Still...if not in by today...I won't be able to help myself :crazy: