What's new

Gorgeous SMOOTH fonts on Surface Pro and Desktop

machistmo

Burnins too good for em, hangins too good for em..... I forget the rest (from the Movie Heavy Metal)

[video=youtube;tHgMsvpFm08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHgMsvpFm08[/video]

Last edited:

Dim-Ize

Just joined SF today - wondering if I should do this....?

Thank-you, OP, for the heads up.

May I ask for others opinion on this? Was it worth it? I really appreciate the screenshot.

Presently running native at 125% as I'm hooked up to 24" monitor at 1920x1200 with all text size at 11. Would certainly welcome improvements, but don't want to "goof it up" either.

Codevine

I've uninstalled it. While the font-rendering is pretty nice in Explorer, Editor and so on, it doesn't work in Google Chrome and it causes problems in Dropbox. By the way, if you use Windows 8.1, you can have different scalings for the Surface Pro and your 24" monitor. You're free to try it, though. If you don't like it, just uninstall it.

Last edited:

Dim-Ize

I've deinstalled it. While the font-rendering is pretty nice in Explorer, Editor and so on, it doesn't work in Google Chrome and it causes problems in Dropbox. By the way, if you use Windows 8.1, you can have different scalings for the Surface Pro and your 24" monitor. You're free to try it, though. If you don't like it, just deinstall it.

Thanks, Codevine. I've been a little nervous to try 8.1 after I have tweaked my current setup. I was thinking when gold release comes I'd have to fool with it again. Is that not the case? I'm OCD with settings, performance, menus, etc...