What's new

Got my new SP3 and I love it

Hi.

My name is Hector, and I received my new SP3 last week.

It's an I5 with 256Gb SDD.
I have no complains at all, except that I miss having more than one USB port ;)

Only from time to time I get worried, when its cooler begins to spin fast (everytime I try anything that tries to use the GPU for real).

I was wondering, is there some kind of "Control Panel" for the Intel HD 4400 in the SP3?
That would be great so I can tune it up for low power consumption.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi.

My name is Hector, and I received my new SP3 last week.

It's an I5 with 256Gb SDD.
I have no complains at all, except that I miss having more than one USB port ;)

Only from time to time I get worried, when its cooler begins to spin fast (everytime I try anything that tries to use the GPU for real).

I was wondering, is there some kind of "Control Panel" for the Intel HD 4400 in the SP3?
That would be great so I can tune it up for low power consumption.
Hi Hector.... welcome to the forum!!!

Congrats on your new SP3, as far as getting the Intel Control Panel for the HD4400 you would need to install the Intel Reference Driver directly from Intel. Make sure you download the zipped version and not the self-installer Version, then through Device Manager you would manually update it.

Things to consider before installing the Reference Driver, it has not been optimized for the SP3 and will have some impact on battery life, but it will give better performance with some graphic intensive programs.

Ossian

Welcome, Hector, from another new and happy owner - snap on the specifications

Think about a cheap and cheerful USB hub - I have a 4-port one where the uplink to the PC folds away, so very little extra space in my bag of tricks