What's new

Great little laptop

coolowl

Most notes in this forum report a problem. This one doesn't.

I thought it might be helpful for someone thinking about a purchase to hear something positive and to hear from a non-tech user. I read this forum for weeks before deciding to buy. It was discouraging to read about the problems, but it seemed they were starting to go away so I bought one on the 15th of February.

Count me one happy user. This is the first laptop I ever bought and it's easy to see why many of my friends don't even use a desktop anymore. Heck, this thing is more powerful than the desktop I bought four years ago.

I honestly didn't expect to use this much. I got it for convenience when visiting family. I figured that there was no way I could get used to such a small screen. Wrong. I love this little thing. I'm a big Excel user and when I increased the default font size I could see the data easy. I also love the fact that my macros run flawlessly. I changed the default size of the entire Surface to 250% so other things are easier on these 65 year old eyes. And using the browser Edge everything is easy to read including the toolbar at the top. (Something that I can barely see on my iPad - speaking of which, why the heck can't they provide larger size font in that top toolbar in Safari?).

Anyway, the silence and lightweight of this laptop is great. Mine sits on my lap and I now use this way more than my desktop. It's worth the money.

Aldec

May I ask what version O/S you had installed when bought....You can tell what version by typing in Cortana box winver
The reason I am asking this is because I bought the same on Feb 16th, my installed O/S being 10420 which had to be updated to 10586.
This I believe led to a corrupted registry.....source files missing.

Aldec

Thank you for your prompt reply. my two (both RTM,d) were evidently old stock with all their inherent problems.
As soon as I am credited with my cash back will try to obtain one with the latest version O/S already installed.