What's new

Green line and slow updating

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I was going to ask the same, they are rare but SSD do fail occasionally....

If no, do a factory reset...

OP
R

r_europe

I mean the security scan of the downloaded file. It doesn't get any further than that, I'm afraid. Since the Defender button is unresponsive, I don't seem able to bypass it.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Check for disk errors....if there are RMA the device with Microsoft if not do a reset....

OP
R

r_europe

Many thanks for your help jnjroach and GreyFox7.

I scanned for errors and it told me there were some and offered me various repair options. In the end I performed a refresh. Things had really got bad before I performed it - like hanging as shown below ['This PC - The folder is empty'] for around and hour and a half...

Green line my computer.PNG

I also lost a couple of days' worth of work which failed to upload to OneDrive.

Things seem to be more or less OK again now, but there is some strange stuff going on - for example when trying to re-introduce a mail account into Outlook 2013 now, the 'Mail' button in Control Panel fails to respond whatever I do. The Mail App is also pretty slow, but nowhere near as useless as it is on my SP1 (do others have this problem?).

If I send the device back to Microsoft, is there an option to upgrade to an SP3 if I pay the difference?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks for your help jnjroach and GreyFox7.

I scanned for errors and it told me there were some and offered me various repair options. In the end I performed a refresh. Things had really got bad before I performed it - like hanging as shown below ['This PC - The folder is empty'] for around and hour and a half...

View attachment 3961

I also lost a couple of days' worth of work which failed to upload to OneDrive.

Things seem to be more or less OK again now, but there is some strange stuff going on - for example when trying to re-introduce a mail account into Outlook 2013 now, the 'Mail' button in Control Panel fails to respond whatever I do. The Mail App is also pretty slow, but nowhere near as useless as it is on my SP1 (do others have this problem?).

If I send the device back to Microsoft, is there an option to upgrade to an SP3 if I pay the difference?
Possibly, you would need to ask. Currently Gazelle is offering $483 for a SP2 8/256 in perfect condition, my experience is Microsoft is about 20% less in their offerings from Gazelle.