What's new

Guide: All About Battery Life

iDatus

Me neither. Either MS have fixed this in a patch or we doing something wrong.
upload_2014-8-31_10-3-5.png

Included a picture. PS this is from a AUG 28 UK SP3 Batch release.

iDatus

You can see the difference from your first picture.
For those reading looking at the above picture kindly done by ctitanic make sure you click the users folder on the bottom pain 1st!
This opens the top pain folders as shown.

mtalinm

btw thanks very much for your tip on configuring the Indexer. I took the steps of checking only essential directories and also un-checking files types I do not care about.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

btw thanks very much for your tip on configuring the Indexer. I took the steps of checking only essential directories and also un-checking files types I do not care about.
I'm glad to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

everalm

Curious inconsistencies on my i5 8Gb 256Gb power/battery

Installed BatteryBar as I have had good results from it previously I have also regularly run the 2 powercfg commands..... Alas I only got to see a battery life of just over 6 hours from these tools.

As a test I charged the machine fully (99.4%) then just started using it until it would get to about 5% and see how long it would run. Started in the late afternoon, intermittent usage, some more in the evening, that night, this morning etc until hit the circa 5% mark.

Ran the two powercfg commands, watched the battery bar...... wholly bizarre results

According to the batch file, I should get 6:05, full run time showed on BB at 6:04........ ACTUAL USAGE on BB, elapsed time since 99.4%......8 hrs 38 mins with 6.1% remaining and 21 minutes remaining

Not sure of any relevance but the powercfg report shows my battery as having 42,157 mWh but a full charge capacity as greater at 43,730 mWh