What's new

Guide: All About Battery Life

Kris

Whats a good MUI Youtube app? I would use one that one if it looked and acted like the webpage...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Whats a good MUI Youtube app? I would use one that one if it looked and acted like the webpage...
I have no idea, I know some of the memebers have recommended some in the past. I don't use the service often and when I do it is through IE or my Xbox One

Kris

ugh... hate IE and no xbox.... guess I can do the trial and error method. Thank you though.

faceman

Hy,

I tried it with the Metro Internet Explorer and the Desktop Internet Explorer. I have the same issue with both.

Do I understand the problem correct? Firefox only prevents the surface to enter the sleep mode? I only watch youtube videos on my surface when I work, if I leave the desk I close the video, so its no problem?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That is possible.... but I'm also saying that your usage patterns are affecting your battery life as well...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
does flash drain the battery more than html5?
Flash isn't the most efficient of formats, but some of it depends on how it was encoded, MUI IE is the most efficient browser on the Windows Platform currently. HTML5 in theory should have less of an impact on battery life but it too can be poorly programmed.

Kris

every time I use HTML5 I only get low resolutions... Not going to be using IE anytime soon, huge hater of IE and MUI. MUI isn't so bad on Windows 10 but still would rather use something else.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
every time I use HTML5 I only get low resolutions... Not going to be using IE anytime soon, huge hater of IE and MUI. MUI isn't so bad on Windows 10 but still would rather use something else.
Its your battery life :rolleyes:

Kris

Its your battery life :rolleyes:
Hate to see it that way but I changed away from an android tablet to this so I didn't have to use half ass programs to do what I want. Guess I will be forever waiting for a laptop the size of an SP3. I can deal with 4-5 hour battery life for the time being, would love to drop adobe flash but I can't seem to figure out how to make Firefox and HTML5 to get along. Would love to know why HTML5 in Firefox has a max resolution of 720p. Don't even get me started on the Youtube MUI apps what a freaking joke...